With its financial and economic capital as engines of socio- economic growth, Zamboanga City's policy of attracting and welcoming local and foreign investors could undeniably result to a more equitable distribution of wealth and a sustainable, moral, just, habitable and prosperous "Asia's Latin City" imbued with culturally enriched, globally competitive and empowered community.
The answer is a big YES !
Here are 15 reasons :
1. Physical Characteristics
> It has an even distribution of rainfall.
> It has no liquefaction prone area.
> It is outside of the typhoon belt.
> It is outside of major fault lines / no active volcanoes.
- Zamboanga City is the gateway to BIMP - EAGA ( Brunei, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines -East Asia Growth Area ) ---- the only international airport and international seaport in the region.
- It is the only city with an Economic Zone ( Ecozone ) and Freeport in the Visayas and Mindanao.
- The City is accessible by air and sea from the key centers of Manila, Cebu and Davao.
- It is the transshipment point for domestically and internationally traded products.
- There are vessels plying Zamboanga - Sandakan, Malaysia route.
3. Key Economic Advantages
- The City's profitable and sustainable economic activities are manufacturing, service establishment, trading, exports and agri-fishery.
- The City is also known as the Sardine Capital of the Philippines, and the commercial, industrial, banking, education, convention, sports, medical, tourism, and de-facto government center of the Region.
4. Cheapest Utility rates
Electric and water costs in the City are the cheapest in the region and one of lowest in the country.
5. Presence of Regional Financial Center
The City accounts for 40% of commercial banks in the region. This means you can open an account from various commercial and even government banks located in the City.
6. Presence of Regional Educational Center
7. Human Resource Competitiveness
8. Easiest Access to Transportation
Zamboanga City is well known for its faster, cheaper and accessible modes of transportation.
The City is endowed with the most complete and up-to-date medical facilities and medical expertise or specialists in the entire Region.
10. Toursim Center of the Region
With its rich flora and fauna, wide array of luxurious white beaches and resorts as well as sumptuous and mouth watering seafood and local dishes, Zamboanga City has accounted for 66.8% tourist arrival compared to other cities and provinces in the Region.
It offers tax incentives for investors, ( see City Investment Incentive Code Ordinace No. 259 , Series of 2003 )
12. Political Stability
The establishment of two congressional districts directed the City Government even more to a common goal of effective and efficient public service delivery anchored on good governance, as well as accountability and transparency in the local government which includes business operations and other economic activities .
- Prospective investors would be kept abreast about investment evaluation criteria and procedures to enhance tranparency in the process of granting government incentives.
14. Industrial Peace among Investors
15. Investment Incentives in Favor of the Investor
With all these benefits, rights and privileges laid down by the city government, Zamboanga City, Asia's only Latin City, is worth exploring.
Zamboanga’s tremendous diversity of people and culture, its vibrant economy, its potentials and unique location, it’s people’s distinct charm and hospitality make Zamboanga the undisputed epicenter of activities ….evolving, reinvigorating, emerging as a unique premiere city of Southeast Asia that is not only a tourist haven but also a melting pot of profitable business enterprises and economic growth opportunities.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 29 January 2008 02:25